Orthodontics is a dental specialty which allows us to treat dental and maxilla irregularities in order to achieve correct dental-facial function and aesthetics.
Up to 6 yearsUsually, no treatment with appliances is necessary, but habits that are detrimental to the child’s development and occlusal adjustment are reviewed.
Our therapeutic options are determined by age
From 6 to 12 years
Different techniques may be applied to this age group:
- Interceptive orthodontics treats malocclusions caused by the transition from primary to permanent teeth, arch size and bad habits.
- Dental Facial orthopaedics allows us to correct alterations of maxilla size.
- Fixed multi bracket braces Fixed multi bracket braces.
Teeth can be moved at any age in the absence of periodontal illness and/or dental pathology. Therefore we can achieve functional and aesthetic goals tailored to individual patient needs. In order to do so, we use three different fixed appliances:
- Metal braces: the latest advances in design and surface treatment have reduced friction during dental movement and have allowed for a drastic reduction in the duration of treatment and improvements in tolerance to the treatment.
- Aesthetic braces (transparent): this is a discreet solution with regard to metal braces, making it a highly sought after alternative, especially among adults.
- Invisible orthodontics with aligners
Orthodontics and Orthognathic Surgery
We combine orthodontics with orthognathic surgery in cases of acute alteration of the size and position of the maxilla.